The NORAD Briefing Document
By Victor Viggiani, B.A., M. Ed.
Other matters to consider within the NORAD EVENTS STATUS REPORT
The most disconcerting aspect of this particular event seems to imply that NORAD, with the massive facilities, technologies and resources at its disposal, appears not to have been in control of Canadian airspace – at least not in this particular instance. This also raises the questions – how often do these kinds of incidents occur - that NORAD jets are scrambled to chase and unsuccessfully pursue ‘unknown tracks’ and, does this incident and others like it mean that craft of unknown origin are able to enter Canadian airspace with impunity?
The language in the lines immediately following the shocking confirmation of contact by the pilot(s) with the ‘unknown(s)’ is indecipherable due to its technical jargon - making it impossible to determine what the pilots saw as they made contact. One would – as mentioned above – expect some category of description of the alleged ‘contact’. Curiously this did not occur. (See page 3 of the NORAD log)
The line previous to the ‘YQQ CF-18s have contact’ statement by the pilot reads; “Time to target for CF-18s is 90 secs…”.This statement in the NORAD log clearly demonstrates the CF-18s were in fact pursuing and approaching something.
The following page in the NORAD log clearly indicates, in more clear language, that another aircraft – an LR-35 MEDEVAC jet made either visual or radar contact with the ‘unknown(s)’. The LR-35 jet reported that their aircraft could not ‘keep up’ with the ‘unknown(s)’. This implies intelligent control in straight and level flight by the ‘unknown(s)’ at speeds exceeding 530 mph. [The LR-35 (Lear jet) has a maximum speed of 530 mph – Mach 0.81 in straight and level flight.]
This portion of the high-speed event occurred at 35,000 feet. Only pressurized aircraft with high-tech structural design are capable of flying in this rarified flight environment – ruling out a small aircraft as well as birds. This evidence suggests the notion of an object of unknown origin under intelligent control cannot be ruled out. Ancillary documents discussed below suggest our government is concerned.
The other associated documents obtained by ZlandCommunications from Library and Archives Canada, other AIA requests and other sources – provide sobering verification and proof that Canadian officials took the matter of unidentified flying objects very seriously. Meetings, discussions and other forms of exchange validate government officials placed more than trivial priority on the matter of ‘flying saucers’. One need only read these documents to grasp our government’s involvement in developing strategies and procedures concerning this phenomenon.
Together, with the 2001 NORAD SECRET Status Events Report, these pieces of verified documentation provide converging lines of evidence that the Canadian government considered and still considers this phenomenon as real and of high interest; otherwise why would memoranda be marked ‘secret’ or ‘restricted’?
Furthermore it remains clear that these unknowns or as they are commonly called - UFOs – are elusive and possess flight capabilities enabling them to out maneuver and elude our most sophisticated aircraft.
The ZNN press release identifies documents obtained by ZlandCommunications that clearly indicate the following:
1. A NORAD SECRET Status Events Report reveals 2 NORAD CF-18 jets were scrambled to chase three ‘UNKNOWN TRACKS’ in 2001 out of COMOX AF Base BC. Contact by one or more of the NORAD CF-18s was confirmed.
2. In the same report an LR-35 MEDICAL EVACUATION jet out of Anchorage Alaska apparently indicated contact of some kind and that their aircraft could not keep up with the ‘UNKNOWN TRACKS’. (See NORAD SECRET Status Events Report in press release.)
3. Ancillary Documentation: Three other specific documents obtained by ZNN clearly indicate that Canadian Joint Intelligence Committees and a Senior Radio Engineer from Transport Canada were concerned about and exchanged correspondence that discussed UFOs (flying saucers). Links to these documents are provided in the ZNN press release and at the end of this document – *page 18.
One such memo from the Defense Research Board describes how plans were to be made should a UFO land on Canadian soil. Yet another to the Joint Intelligence Committee outlines how the RCAF would follow the lead of the US Air Force in keeping information about UFOs away from the public.
A third document reveals Canadian officials were concerned enough about the UFO matter to send a Senior Radio Engineer from the Dept. of Transport to Washington DC. The stunning results of this official’s inquiries are summarized in a three-page letter. Meetings with Washington DC and Canadian Embassy officials, among other details, uncovered serious and dramatic US government findings on UFOs: "Flying saucers exist… The matter is the most highly classified subject… rating higher than the H-bomb.”? (See Wilbert Smith Memo p.2)
NB. Pursuant to the government’s own documentation as revealed by ZNN, it is now incumbent upon elected representatives to review evidence residing within their own government archives and respond in a thorough manner to the unacknowledged issues raised by its own catalogued and certified data.
Therefore, we respectfully request the Minister of Defence to respond in writing to the questions below. We would also request a response from the Leader of the Opposition the Hon. Thomas Mulcair, the Leader of the Liberal Party Mr. Justin Trudeau, and as well, a response from the Hon. Charles Sousa whom I have previously briefed on matters related to this issue on February 9, 2009 at his constituency office in Mississauga Ontario Canada.
For the Minister of National Defence - The Hon. Rob Nicholson
1. How often are you, as Minister of Defence, informed or briefed by NORAD officials about Canadian jets being scrambled from any Canadian Air Force base or NORAD to pursue craft of unknown origin within Canadian airspace?
2. a) Have you or to your knowledge, have previous Ministers of Defence or the Prime Minister ever been briefed on the UFO matter? b) Have you or the Prime Minister ever been directed by anyone - including officials holding positions of authority in Canadian or American military or intelligence agencies - not to discuss or answer questions publicly or in the House of Commons on matters concerning unidentified flying objects/UFOs or the possibility of their extraterrestrial origins?
3. Have discussions or correspondence arisen in Cabinet, among you and the Prime Minister, officials in the Canadian Armed Forces, CSIS, the RCMP or CSEC?
4. If the government’s position is that no scientific evidence exists to prove UFOs are real and possibly under intelligent control, why then do the government and the DND classify and mark documents as ‘secret’ and continue to remain unresponsive in public to and entirely silent on the UFO matter? Please clearly state the position and policy of the government and the DND on unidentified flying objects.
6. What is your response to, and assessment of the memorandum penned by a representative of the Canadian Department of Transportation to his superiors; and specifically the statements: "Flying saucers exist… The matter is the most highly classified subject… rating higher than the H-bomb.”? (See Wilbert Smith Memo p.2)
7. Please provide ZlandCommunications with a yearly or monthly estimate of the regularity with which Canadian jets are scrambled to pursue ‘unknown tracks’ or non-correlated targets within Canadian airspace.
8. What is your appraisal of: a) the Aug 4, 1950 memo on “Flying Saucers” by GS Austin to follow USAF policy to‘playdown’ UFOs, b) the April 19, 1950 memo by AJG Langley to make plans should a flying saucer land on Canadian soil, c) will you respond to questions about these memos in the House and from the Press?
9. ZNN respectfully requests that you investigate and assess the NORAD SECRET Status Events Report 2001. Please send us the entire results of your investigation within a reasonable amount of time. Please include all results you may obtain referring to log entries on page 3, date index 01/09/12 - time index 12:13:54, regarding CONTACT made by the scrambled jets [ “YQQ CF18s have contact at 350’,…wm”]
10. Minister Nicholson, based on the documentation in this brief and in the government’s own files, will you establish a Parliamentary Committee to investigate and call witnesses concerning all available documentation on the historical and current involvement of Canadian military and intelligence agencies and other government departments in the matter of unidentified flying objects? If so, how and when will you proceed; if not, why not?
Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to read and respond in person to our enquiries in writing.
Continue Reading Part III: For The Hon. Thomas Mulcair - Leader of the Opposition; For Justin Trudeau - Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada; For the Hon. Charles Sousa – Minister of Finance - MPP Mississauga South; Other substantive and unacknowledged background information; NUFORC.
This article is published with the expressed written permission of Victor Viggiani for publication on The Alien Jigsaw: alienjigsaw.com